You can now quickly start and share a meeting notes document for your Calendar events.
Creating a notes document from Calendar will automatically populate the document with the event information and attach the document to the event.
You can also add this same meeting notes template into any doc by typing “@” in the doc and using the drop-down menu.
These features are currently only available in Calendar and Docs on the web.
- While creating or editing an event, you’ll see a “Create meeting notes” button next to the attachment section. You can click this button to create a new document, which attaches it to the event upon saving the changes.
- Clicking the “Take meeting notes” button in a scheduled event will create this document, and immediately open it in a new tab so users can get started capturing notes right away. In the background, this document will also be attached to the calendar event for future reference.
- If you click to “Create meeting notes” when creating a new event or editing an existing event, the notes doc will be shared with the attendees, including those outside your organization, once you hit “Save.”
- If you click “Take meeting notes” on a scheduled Calendar event, attendees will not automatically have access and we’ll show you a prompt to share in Docs.
- When capturing meeting notes for scheduled events from Google Docs:
- If you’re the meeting organizer: A pop-up prompts you to share and attach the document to your event. To give access, click Share & attach.
- If you’re not the meeting organizer: A pop-up prompts you to share the document. To give access, click Share. The document doesn't attach to the event.