We’re introducing several improvements for breakout rooms in Google Meet. These improvements include:
- The ability for meeting hosts and co-hosts to automatically move participants back to the main meeting room once breakout rooms end.
- Better visual indicators for breakout room participants to indicate this movement.
See below for more information.
Why it’s important
- Admins: There is no admin control for these features.
- End users: Visit the Help Center to learn more about using breakout rooms in Google Meet.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on December 14, 2021
- Available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Nonprofits and Education Plus as well as G Suite Business customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Business Starter and Education Fundamentals, as well as G Suite Basic customers