As more and more applications move to the cloud, cloud network security teams have to keep them secure against an ever-evolving threat landscape. Shielding applications against network threats is also one of the most important criteria for regulatory compliance. For example, effective intrusion detection is a requirement of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard - PCI DSS 3.2.1. To address these challenges, many cloud network security teams build their own complex network threat detection solutions based on open source or third-party IDS components. These bespoke solutions can be difficult and costly to operate, and they often lack the scalability that is required to protect dynamic cloud applications.
- Service availability in all regions
- Auto-scaling available in all regions
- Detection signatures automatically updated daily
- Support for customers’ HIPAA compliance requirements (under the Google Cloud HIPAA Business Associate Agreement)
- ISO27001 certification (and in the audit process to support customers’ PCI-DSS compliance requirements by year end)
- Integration with Chronicle, Google’s security analytics platform, to help organizations investigate threats surfaced by Cloud IDS.