Shutting down of consumer version of Google +
- If your users own or moderate a community outside your domain and there are consumer contributions that they would like to keep, they should download and save them before April 2019. If they download the data now, they will get links to community posts. Starting early March 2019, they will also be able to download the author, body, and photos for every community post in a public community.
- Google+ pages and events will be deleted for both G Suite and consumer users if there is content your users would like to keep, they should download and save it before April 2019. If they would like to keep their Google+ tagline, please have them download and save their Profile data.
- Google+ gadgets in classic Google Sites will no longer work starting March 7, 2019, so you and your users may want to remove them. Google+ embeds in the new Google Sites will continue to work.
- If your users opted in to the Google Play Services Public Beta Program, they may experience issues using Google apps like Gmail and Hangouts as we begin shutting down consumer Google+. To avoid any interruption in service, G Suite users can leave the Beta Program.
1. Changes starting from February 4, 2019
- Google+ pages
All users will not be able to create new Google+ pages.
- Google+ Circles
All users will not be able to add non-Google+ users to their Circles.
- Google+ commenting on any websites
Blogger and other sites may use Google+ as their commenting service. This feature will be removed from Blogger by February 4th and other sites by March 7th. While all Google+ comments will be removed from these sites, G Suite users will still be able to see the comments they made in their Google+ activity log.
- Google Play Services Public Beta Program Opt-In
As we begin shutting down the consumer version of Google+, G Suite users who have opted in to the Google Play Services Public Beta Program may experience issues using Google apps like Gmail and Hangouts. To avoid any interruption in service, G Suite users can leave the Beta Program. Learn how to leave the Beta Program
2. Changes starting from March 7, 2019
- Google+ Android app
- > For private communities, outside your domain, the “visible on search” setting will no longer be available.
- >In non-domain-restricted Google+ search results, G Suite users will only see private communities outside their domain if they’re already members.
- - Collections
> G Suite users won’t be able to:
- Create new collections. Any existing collections will remain.
- Add content to a collection that is not domain-restricted
- Add content to a collection that is domain-restricted.
- Delete internal and external collections that they own.
- >G Suite users won’t be able to:
- Create new Circles.
- Add people without a Google+ account to existing Circles.
- Share a post to a Circle.
- > G Suite users will still be able to delete their Circles.
- > After the consumer shutdown, non-G Suite users will be removed from Circles.
The Google+ profile field for tagline will be deleted from Google+. If you wish to save this data, select the “Profile” option in Takeout. G Suite users can still view and edit other fields, such as name, in their Google accounts’ About Me page.
- Google+ Vanity URLs
All Google+ pages, including posts and comments on pages, will be deleted. If there is content you’d like to keep, download and save it before April 2019. Please notify any Google+ page owners at your organization about this change.
- Google+ Events
All Google+ Events and associated content will be deleted. If you wish to save this data, download and save it.
- Google+ +1s on external websites
All +1's made on external websites will be deleted. If you wish to save this data, download and save it.
- Deletion behavior
Previously, upon G Suite customer cancellation, certain customers (e.g. G Suite for Education customers) could continue to use Google+. Going forward, upon cancellation of G Suite, all G Suite customers’ content will be flagged for deletion.
Our LinkedIn page - https://www.linkedin.com/company/finetech-consultancy/ Talk to our experts - 071 0326326