Improvements to Hand Raise in Google Meet, including automatic hand lowering, better notifications, and more
Google is improving the hand raise feature in Meet so that it is easier to notice and address raised hands. Specifically, you may notice:
- An updated and improved visual icon and animation on the video tile
- The tiles of people with raised hands may be moved to be more visible in the video grid
- An audio notification for all participants when the first raised hand is raised
- A clickable notification which shows the number of raised hands and which links to an ordered queue of all participants with raised hands
- That a participant’s hand will be automatically lowered after they speak
Admins: This feature will be on by default. There is no admin control for this feature.