New integrated view for Gmail features email, Google Meet, Google Chat, and Spaces in one place
- Users can opt-in to test the new experience, allowing them to try it out and become more accustomed to it. Users can revert to classic Gmail via settings.
- We will share an update on the Google Workspace Updates Blog, along with Help Center content, once rollout begins.
- Users who have not opted-in will begin seeing the new experience by default, but can revert to classic Gmail via settings.
- This will become the standard experience for Gmail, with no option to revert back.
- Around the same time, users will also begin seeing the new streamlined navigation experience on Chat web (mail.google.com/chat).
- Important Note: This also means users will not have the option to configure Chat to display on the right side of Gmail.
Why you’d use it
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: This feature will be OFF by default and can be enabled by the user from their Gmail settings.
- Available to Google Workspace Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Fundamentals, Education Plus, Frontline, and Nonprofits, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers