Manage your communities with G+
Google plus known as G+ is a social network & is a subsidiary of Google which was launched in 2011, was developed by Vic Gundotra & Bradley Horowitz.
In simple words this just like facebook, this has a multilingual platform. Where you can update status, put a profile picture, edit, tag, upload photos to cloud based albums. Basically you can socialize just like in facebook.
It gives the option of linking all your other Internet based profiles to G+, so then you can manage all the accounts very easily. When G+ approached the market facebook accepted it as a threat & they started to work on facebook to align features just as in G+
Within two weeks of launch G+ was able to catch the hearts of 10 million users & 25 million users in a month. By end of the year it was increased to 90 million and by 2013 statistics were 540 million active users.
Google plus went under a redesign in later 2015. 28% of G+ plus users are in the ages of 15 to 34. USA alone comprises of 55% of the users & figures shows that 73.7% are male users & 26.3% are female users
There are few key features in G+
- Circles - The main feature is known as circles. Using this feature one can organize different connections in different groups.
- Posts & The Stream - Sharing details among groups known as posting & the
stream refers to where you see the posts of others.
- Hangouts - This allows people to interact with each other through messaging or video calls.
- Google plus communities - This is something similar to Linkedin.
- Google plus local - This is where one can add up their business in google maps by registering their business details & can declare their location.
- Google plus pages - This assist to configure a brand page. Just like facebook pages.
- Google plus search - This cater to find people, posts, communities, events & collections.
- Plus 1 button (+1) - this is similar the like button in facebook, by clicking this one can express their approval to recommend a link to others as well.
- Ripples - This is a graphical analysis of how a post has been re-shared.
- Hashtag - When you start to type a hashtag on Google+, a dropdown will appear with suggested hashtags starting with the letters you’ve typed so far. If one of those is the hashtag you want, clicking on it will insert it into your post or comment.
Post a Comment