Quick launch summary
- Adding navigation access to security features previously only accessible from the Security settings page.
- Adding Authentication, Access & data controls, and Security center subcategories making it easier to find the features available.
- Updating the name of the Security Settings page to Overview.
The updated Security navigation within the Admin console
- 2-step verification
- Account recovery
- Advanced Protection Program
- Login challenges
- Password management
- SSO with SAML applications
- SSO with third party IdP
- API controls
- Client-side encryption
- Context-Aware Access
- Data protection
- Google Session control
- Google Cloud session control
- Less secure apps
- Investigation tool
- Security health
- Admins: This update will be available automatically.
- End users: There is no end user impact or action required.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on October 28, 2021
- Available to all Google Workspace customers, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers
- Google Workspace Admin Help: Security and Data Protection
- Google Workspace Admin Help: View Alert Center notifications directly from the Admin console toolbar
- Google Workspace Updates Blog: One-click recommended actions in the Alert Center
- Google Workspace Updates Blog: Updated design for the Admin console home page
- Google Workspace Updates Blog: Easily navigate through the Admin console using the updated left-hand navigation bar
- Google Workspace Updates Blog: New streamlined experience for managing users and domains in the Admin console