Offline syncing available for opened Microsoft Office documents
Why you’d use it
- Admins: Offline access is allowed by default. Visit the Help Center to learn more about setting up offline access to Docs editors.
- End users: Offline access must be enabled by the user. Visit the Help Center to learn more about enabling offline access and working on Google Docs, Sheets, & Slides offline.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on June 27, 2022
- Available to all Google Workspace customers, as well as legacy G Suite Basic and Business customers
- Available to users with personal Google Accounts
- Google Workspace Admin Help: Set up offline access to Docs editors
- Google Help: Work with Office files using Office editing
- Google Help: Work on Google Docs, Sheets, & Slides offline
- Google Workspace Updates Blog: Work anywhere with Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides in new offline mode
- Google Workspace Updates Blog: Office editing makes it easier to work with Office files in Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- This feature was listed as an upcoming release.