Share profile links via Contacts easily
A new Google Contacts (contacts.google.com) interface that offers detailed information about your coworkers and stakeholders was introduced in 2021. Every Workspace email contact now gets a new profile link that is simple to copy, share, and transmit among colleagues. This new profile link makes it easier for everyone in your company to connect and keep in contact.
Admins: It's beneficial to have user data fully supplied across all Google Workspace applications because this functionality only surfaces for contacts whose Workspace profiles are linked to an email address. Workspace administrators can enter this information in a few places:
- The Admin console's "Users" section
- Google Cloud Directory Sync
- Admin SDK
Once available, access the “Copy profile link” in one of two ways:
- In the detailed view for a contact, select the "3-dot-menu" and click the "Copy profile link" button.
- In a contact list view (e.g. contacts.google.com), select the "3-dot-menu" for a contact row and click the "Copy profile link" button.
- You can also enter "contacts.google.com/emailaddress" into the web browser address bar to look for a person in your organization. Email formats include :
- email@example.com, jane.smith@domain, and jane. smith.
Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on June 30, 2022, with anticipated completion by July 18, 2022. Due to the staggered nature of this rollout, end users may be able to copy profile links from their browser address bar before having access to the "Copy profile link" button.Available to all Google Workspace customers, as well as legacy G Suite Basic and Business customers
Post a Comment